Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel
- Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel
- Nr Oswestry
- SY10 7JD
Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel in Shropshire:
- A silver-stone Georgian rectory set high in the Shropshire/Welsh hills, 3 miles from Oswestry.
- Most bedrooms have either private patios or spa baths; one has a double whirlpool bath.
- One of the longest established AA two Rosette restaurants in Shropshire.
- Spa breaks available with in-house treatments to relax and unwind.
- Log fires in the winter months.
- Superb walking from the front door, free walking leaflets available from the hotel.
- Three major National Trust houses close by, including Powis Castle.
- Many accolades including Good Hotel Guide Country Hotel of the Year Award, and Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence three years in a row (see "Ratings and Awards").
"Timeless and utterly adorable. A place where stress melts away as soon as you cross the threshold, and where the thought of having to leave is the only downside. The view is entrancing and peace descends like a thick blanket." Fiona Duncan - Telegraph Travel - July 2013
The hotel offers the facilities of a beautiful country hotel, good food and spa treatments in the glorious Shropshire countryside, mid way between Shrewsbury and Chester. The hillside setting facing the Welsh mountains to the west, promises some of the finest sunsets in the land.
Contact Pen-y-Dyffryn Hotel in Shropshire to book your stay.
Per person per night inc. full English breakfast: From £69 - £101. See prices on our short breaks page.
Price includes full English breakfast and VAT.
Short Breaks from: £94 pppn DBB.
Short breaks based on couples sharing a double or twin room for a minimum of 2 nights and includes dinner and full English breakfast.
- Hill walking
- Powis Castle
- Chirk Castle
- Lake Vyrnwy
- Wales' highest waterfall.
Oswestry - 3 miles/5 mins
Shrewsbury - 20 miles/30 mins
Chester - 26 miles/30 mins
Manchester - 50 miles/1 hour
Gobowen/Oswestry - 4 miles/10 mins
Stay for a short break or longer at Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel in Shropshire. The hotel offers the facilities of a beautiful country hotel, good food and spa treatments in the glorious Shropshire countryside, mid way between Shrewsbury and Chester. The hillside setting facing the Welsh mountains to the west, promises some of the finest sunsets in the land. Good Hotel Guide recommended and Tripadvisor "Certificate of Excellence" for the last five years in a row.
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Rate per person per night for Four Course Dinner, Bed & Breakfast (based on double occupancy). Also includes complimentary high tea on arrival.
Fri & Sat Rate
Any stay of 7 nights or longer
Bed & Breakfast Only
Rate per person per night inclusive of full English Breakfast
Fri & Sat Rate
Dinner as an extra to a bed and breakfast booking - £40.00
The B&B rates above represent our full (rack) rates
Prices in addition to above tariff and are presented in the bedroom upon arrival. Please give 48 hours notice of your requirement prior to arrival.
- Bottle of Champagne - £52.00
- Fresh flowers and bottle of Champagne - £80.00
- Fresh flowers, Champagne and chocolates - £85.00
Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel near Oswestry has one of the longest established AA Two Rosette restaurants in Shropshire - 13 years.
- We are open to residents and non-residents seven days a week.
- Our Head Chef changes the menu every single day of the year.
- Ingredients are fresh, healthy, and locally sourced.
- Drinks on the glorious terrace in summer, round the log fires in winter!
- Is there a bar? Of course! And a long wine list majoring on organic and New World wines.
Hotels with good food can be difficult to find. But we know from talking to our guests that dining in our restaurant, with its huge, south-facing sash windows, is central to the Pen-y-Dyffryn experience. We are open to non-residents and are one of the longest established AA Two Rosette restaurants in Shropshire.
Our guests appreciate good food. Ingredients are healthy, locally sourced, and we tend to use organic produce. We even have our own tame deerstalker, and game features regularly on the menu along with more traditional delights. And there is always at least one vegetarian choice at each course.
Our Head Chef, David Morris, has been at Pen-y-Dyffryn for over twelve years now, and with the help of his kitchen brigade he makes it his business to change the menu every single day of the year. It also varies in accordance with the changing seasons. Every night is surprise night, but there is always a choice of four dishes at each course, along with canapés and a surprise appetiser. Special diets can also be catered for as everything is freshly prepared each day.
January & February 2019 Special Offer
Stay at this “get-away-from-it-all” retreat in the Shropshire hills for Dinner B&B any two nights between now and February 28th 2019and obtain a 30% discount from our full rates, a four course dinner each night and complimentary cream tea and scones on arrival. We are also running a 10% discount from our in-house spa treatments at the moment.
- Smaller Double £82.00 per person per night DBB
- Standard Double £89.00 per person per night DBB
- Master Double £99.00 pppn DBB (Spa bath or private patio)
- Superior Double £106.00 pppn DBB (Double Jacuzzi)
Or follow the on-line booking link to check our live availability
From the A5 head into Oswestry following signs to B4580 (Llansilin) through town. Leave town on B4580 and hotel is set back from road 3 miles from Oswestry centre.