The Castle Hotel
- The Castle Hotel
- The Square
- Bishop's Castle
- SY9 5BN
Contact the hotels direct for the best offer
The Castle Hotel in Bishop's Castle has been offering great value hotel accommodation in Shropshire since 1719. Stay at this eighteenth century Coaching Inn with good food, panoramic views, fabulous gardens and one of the finest selections of real ales in Shropshire.
- Situated in a quiet square in Bishops Castle, one of the most unspoilt and quirky market towns in England, and near the medieval towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow
- All bedrooms en-suite, with TV, tea and coffee making facilities
- In-house spa treatments available
- Three bars and an oak panelled restaurant serving local produce
- Fabulous gardens for eating al fresco, with panoramic views of the Shropshire Hills
- The Shropshire Hills, Offa’s Dyke, Powis Castle, Clun and The Long Mynd all nearby
- Recommended by The Good Pub Guide for fifteen years continuously
- Three crackling log fires in the cooler months
- Children and well behaved dogs welcome
- Walkers and Cyclists welcome, with great walking and cycling in the Shropshire countryside
If you are looking for an unspoilt market town with one of the best reputations for Real Ale and Beer in the country then Bishop's Castle is the place to be. There are two fantasic Real Ale breweries in Bishops Castle and another 16 micro-breweries within a 25 mile radius producing some of the best Beer in the land. The two in the town are The Three Tuns and The Six Bells, just a stones throw from The Castle Hotel.
Contact The Castle Hotel in Bishop's Castle and book your next stay in Shropshire.
Short breaks from £70 - £95 per person per night
Short break based on couples sharing a double or twin for minimum of 2 nights and is inclusive of dinner and full English breakfast
- Powis Castle
- Cardingmill Valley
- Long Mynd
- Offas Dyke
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums
- Clun Castle
- Stokesay Castle
- Kerry Ridgeway
Shrewsbury - 25 miles
Manchester - 90 miles
Birmingham - 80 miles
Craven Arms - 10 miles
ProprietorsRebecca Arthan & Henry Hunter
Stay for a short break at The Castle Hotel in Shropshire.
Bed & Breakfast Rates: Price per Room per night inc. Breakfast
Midweek discounted rates are not available from June - September.
|Fri to Sun||Mon to Thur|
Standard (Double or Twin)
Family (2 Adults & 1 Child)
|Single Occupancy of Double or Twin||£100.00||£75.00|
Dinner is always available to Bed and Breakfast only reservations, but it is advisable, especially at weekends, to reserve a table in advance.
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast rates: Price per room based on two people per night for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and includes a three course meal for two people, inc. tea or coffee chosen from the hotel menu, as well as Bed & Breakfast.
Fri to Sun
Mon to Thur
Standard (Double or Twin Room)
Family Room (2 Adults & 1 Child)
Single Occupancy of Double or Twin
Celebration Packages at The Castle Hotel in Shropshire
Make your short break in Shropshire a special one.
Champagne, flowers and chocolates can all be presented in the bedroom upon arrival. Please give 48 hours notice of your requirement prior to arrival.
- Bottle of Champagne - £49.00
- Fresh flowers - £40.00
The Castle Hotel offers a comprehensive in-house treatment facility, where one of our team of professionally trained therapists will come to your room at a time of your choosing and treat you to one of our many therapies.
Our treatments include Therapeutic massage, Aromatherapy massage, Remedial massage, Facial massage and Hot Stone massage. Treatments can be booked by our reservation staff in advance of your stay, or when you arrive. Ideally 48 hours’ notice is required. Please call 01588 638403 to make a Spa booking. Please see our website for more details and prices.
If you are looking for a good quality, characterful and atmospheric hotel in Shropshire in which to base yourselves while you explore this beautiful part of England, we would love to hear from you. The Castle Hotel in Bishop's Castle has eight bedrooms, all en-suite, TV, pillows, sheets - all mod cons you see. And all suffused with that "away from it all" feeling.
Some bedrooms have lovely views of the town and the surrounding hills, and others look out over the fabulous hotel gardens. We have double rooms, family rooms, twin beds and single beds. They are all on the first or second floor and are reached from a fine Georgian staircase. All rooms are non-smoking.
The hotel's short break rates allow you to choose a three course meal from our Dinner Menu at no extra charge. (This will have a typical value of around £25.00 per person). Please note that a small number of dishes on the menu may incur an additional surcharge, which will be clearly identified to you. Children's dinners are not included in the above prices and are charged as taken.
Contact The Castle Hotel in Bishop's Castle to book your next short break in Shropshire.
Dining at The Castle Hotel
The Castle Hotel in Bishop's Castle produces modern, good pub food that is healthy, hearty, flavoursome and fresh - and great value of course! - using local food suppliers wherever possible.
- Three bustling bars where you can eat and drink, each with its own individual character, some with open fires, some with terraces out into the garden.
- A fine oak panelled restaurant known as The Oak Room believed to feature in the Mary Webb novel “The House in Dormer Forest”.
- In the warmer months guests often dine in the hotel gardens. South facing and elevated, with vine-hung terraces and raised fish ponds, they have splendid views over Bishop's Castle to the surrounding hills.
- The Castle Hotel has a comprehensive wine list and there are usually at least five real ales on tap in the bars.
Opening Times at The Castle Hotel, Shropshire:
- Lunch: 12.00pm — 2.30pm, seven days a week
- Afternoon Light Bites: 2.30pm — 5.00pm, seven days a week
- Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 6.30pm to 8.45pm
- Dinner Friday & Saturday; 6.30pm to 9.15pm
- Tea, Coffee & Cake served all day
New Thursday & Friday Fresh Fish Menu at The Castle Hotel
Every Thursday & Friday, Lunch & Dinner we will have a separate Fresh Fish menu alongside our regular al la carte menu. This will change every week depending on what the fishmerman has caught! Visit our website for a sample fresih fish menu. The weekly Fresh Fish menu will be posted on our website every Thursday morning.
Conferences at The Castle Hotel
Business meetings, conferences and seminars are also very much welcome at The Castle Hotel in Shropshire. The hotel has two completely private rooms which can be set up to meet your requirements, with all your catering needs taken care of.
If you would like to discuss booking your next meeting, conference or business seminar at The Castle Hotel, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01588 638 403.
SPECAIL OFFER: 15% OFF – August & September
Stay any midweek night (Sunday to Thursday inclusive) from Now until end September 2018 and get 15% OFF our Dinner, Bed & Breakfast rates.
Prices start from just £76 per person per night and include a three-course evening meal each.
Book online now or call 01588 638403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your stay.
15% OFF Prices
Smaller Room D,B&B – £152 (£76 Per Person Per Night, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast)
Standard Room D,B&B – £164 (£82 pppn, DB&B)
Master Room D,B&B – £190 (£95 pppn, DB&B)
Luxury Suite Room D,B&B – £212 (£106 pppn DB&B)
Offer Terms & Conditions
Offer is available on any night Sunday to Thursday, subject to availability.
Not available for single occupancy.
Not available Sunday 26th August
Dogs welcome and stay free of charge.
Bishop's Castle is situated in the South West corner of Shropshire, about 20 miles south of Shrewsbury, just off the A488. The hotel is at the top of the high street, at the northern end of the town.