Hawks on Walks
Battlefield Falconry Centre
Upper Battlefield, Shrewsbury
Take a walk in the stunning Shropshire countryside and become a falconer for the morning. Hawks on Walks offers a unique chance to handle and fly magnificent birds of prey.
Our meeting point is Battlefield Falconry Centre adjacent to Battlefield 1403 Farm Shop. Once the Harris Hawks are prepared you are shown how to call and hold them correctly. The hawks are then released and the walk begins. The walk lasts approximately one hour, during which the hawks are called repeatedly to your fist whilst they naturally follow on gracefully through the trees and across surrounding countryside.
The unique part of the experience is the individuality of the walks, we do not ask you to join larger groups of strangers, so your special day is totally your own and whomever you choose to share it with, either just the falconer or members of your family as spectators or participants.
- Gift vouchers make a wonderful and memorable gift for your loved ones or simply treat yourself to once in a lifetime experience.
- Hawk walks are open to adults and accompanied children 14 years and over.
- Maximum of 4 people per group.
- Hawk walks can be booked for either the morning or afternoon.
- Experienced knowledgeable falconer.
- All equipment supplied.
- Excellent birthday and Christmas gift vouchers available.
- Superb photographic opportunities both in flight and static.
Walks can be booked 7 days a week , for either 10am or 2pm and during the summer months walks are available in the evening, starting at 7.00pm.
To view our full price list please click here