Goldstone Hall Hotel
Hotels in Market Drayton, Shropshire
Find out more about...
Goldstone Hall near Market Drayton; a rurally located hotel and restaurant in a Georgian manor house which has parts dating back to medieval times; it is just to the north of Newport, Shropshire and south of Market Drayton.
Goldstone Hall Hotel has built up a reputation for quality dining, very comfortable bedrooms, all set in beautiful gardens which overlook the Shropshire and Staffordshire countryside.
- Charming, full of character and consistently excellent.
- Menus which demonstrate flair and a love of superb produce.
- Award winning dining.
- Gardens which inspire and calm in equal measure.
- Spacious bedrooms featuring great big beds.
- A knack for tempting guests back for more.
- A premier wedding and function venue in Shropshire.
Please contact Goldstone Hall Hotel near Market Drayton on 01630 661202 and book your next stay in Shropshire.
"We have just been here for Sunday lunch and cannot praise the venue, food, gardens or service highly enough ... We will definitely be back... Beautiful house and furnishings... Could have stayed longer... "
"My wife and I have just come come back from a 2 night stay at this perfect country retreat. A truly fantastic small hotel set in the middle of the beautiful countryside and in a magnificent setting. "
"Everything about Goldstone is fantastic. We stayed one night for a family event and had tea, dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Every meal was delicious, and the service is 5 star. The staff are lovely."
"I'm sitting in 'The Squires Chamber' (our bedroom) in a huge comfortable bed with luxury linen. The bathroom is one of the best equipped you'll see. Dinner last night was superb and afternoon tea earlier was also fab! "
"This is a wonderful country hotel hidden in the Shropshire countryside and surrounded by the most stunning garden. The staff are so friendly and helpful and will do their utmost to make sure you enjoy your visit."
Stay for a short break at Goldstone Hall Hotel, Market Drayton.
Goldstone's history is one of unhurried evolution – a fact reflected in the bewildering array of roof lines and architectural styles that beguile many of our guests.
- 12 spacious and airy bedrooms, none identical
- Large bathrooms, all bar one including a power shower
- Large and exceedingly comfortable beds
- Sky TV – including Sky Sports
We are rather proud of all of our rooms, not to mention our standard of housekeeping, but if you want to really pamper yourself, our six deluxe bed chambers provide an opportunity to sample even more luxury. Whether you are staying for a short break or longer, contact Goldstone Hall Hotel in Shropshire.
- A stunning focal point in the gardens; the Oak Pavilion is licensed to host wedding ceremonies
- The long herbaceous borders of the Old Walled Gardens provide the perfect backdrop for photographs
- Dedicated Special Occasions Team to ensure your carefully laid plans turn into action
- Individually tailored to suit your budget and concept for the day
- Exclusive use option for weddings available
At Goldstone Hall Hotel we enjoy helping couples organise their wedding day and have masses of experience. We like challenges and helping turn your ideas into reality.
The first thing to do is arrange to come and have a look around. We will show you round the Hall and gardens and explain how Goldstone will work for you and with you and we will start to focus on your brief and concept.
With this in mind we can then start to develop a budget and a framework for your exclusive day.
The kitchen at Goldstone Hall Hotel in Shropshire has a well deserved reputation for good food that utilises home-grown produce. A warm welcome is assured whether you are looking for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a private dining experience.
- Award winning dining; two AA rosette standard for 10 years and Michelin listed
- An abundance of wonderful local produce and a team of chefs who know how to bring out their flavour and freshness
- A large kitchen garden allows seasonal produce to be delivered fresh to the kitchen door for preparation that same day
- Fine wines - Goldstone's owner, John Cushing wrote wine articles for Shropshire Magazine every month for 5 years.
- The ultimate “Ladies that Lunch” menu in the region. The Garden menu is available Monday to Friday, midday to 2pm. Booking is not essential and all guests are very welcome to wander around the garden.
- Sunday Lunches - Sunday is still special at Goldstone Hall Hotel. Download sample menus from our website.
- Afternoon Tea - A selection of delicious sandwiches, homemade scone with Goldstone mixed berry jam and Devonshire clotted cream, followed by some scrumptious cakes – and all for just £12.50 per person. Pre-booking is essential.
- The oak panelled Dining Room, adds a sense of theatre and occasion to a fine dining experience.
- The Victorian Oak Panelled Room provides private dining for up to fourteen in cosy surroundings with large leather chairs, big fire and a grand table
Contact Goldstone Hall in Shropshire to book your table and find out for yourself why the hotel has such an enviable reputation for good food and drink.
- Goldstone Hall and its surroundings aim to create time for delegates to think and to inspire
- Large, airy, well lit rooms with comfortable chairs and plenty of breakout areas
- The mechanics of your meeting such as presentation equipment, a timeless supply of hot coffee and the provision of ice creams, if the weather encourages it, come as standard
- Bespoke menus which can keep your delegates as happy as your financial controller are a speciality
- Goldstone Hall is ideally located and easily accessible by road and rail - just north of Newport, Shropshire and south of Market Drayton.
|Meetings and conferences|
|Day conferences – per delegate||£31.50 + Vat|
|24 hour conferences – per delegate||£130.00 + Vat|
Call the team today on 01630 661202 to discuss your next business meeting or conference in Shropshire.
Use the Google map below for directions to Goldstone Hall Hotel in Market Drayton, Shropshire:
From Shrewsbury take the A53 towards Market Drayton. At the Ternhill roundabout turn right on to the A41. Follow the A41, approximately 4 miles turn left signed Goldstone. 1 mile crossroads with A529 go straight across. At T junction turn right signed Goldstone. Turn left signed Goldstone 2nd right signed Goldstone. After a quarter of a mile Goldstone Hall is situated behind a sandstone wall on the left.